Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bonddad's Trading Set-Up

A poster asked me to describe my trading set-up. So here goes.

1.) Bonddad isn't trading right now. About 4-5 months ago I moved everything into bonds. I made some small option trades here and there just for kicks, but it was nothing serious. Mostly I was deeply concerned about the overall tenor of the market and went into capital preservation mode. In addition, I am currently pursuing an LLM in international and domestic taxation, which means I have a lot of capital outflow right now.

2.) I trade through Merrill Lynch. This is not an endorsement of their brokerage services. I like them and think they do an overall great job. But that's my opinion.

3.) I use Quotetracker to watch the markets. Again, there are a ton of programs out there that are available and they all have their pros and cons. I like Quotetracker and have been using it for a few years.

Again, none of these are endorsements of particular firms or products. They are my personal preferences. Others may disagree for valid reasons.