Friday, September 4, 2009

Weekend ... Pitbull



Say hello to Max. I found him a few days ago when I was running. I ran by the parking lot of out favorite bakery and there he was. He was limping on his right rear leg and he was about 10-15 pounds underweight. As I was looking at him I told him, "I'm not finishing my run today, am I?" The answer to that was no.

We don't know what caused his right rear leg problems, but we (me, Mr$. bonddad and the vet) think he was hit by a car. The ball has been shattered. But there is an operation to get him healed up that we're going to do a week from Monday.

But -- here's the problem. We already have three dogs and we just don't have room. Max is about 1 to 1 1/2 years old and is really nice. He is strong, but that's a breed trait. Once you sit him down and start petting him he will lick your face just like a puppy.

So -- for all the bonddad blog readers who are also dog fans -- we could use your help. If you are interested in taking him in, please leave a comment below. We will happily work with you to get him where he needs to go.

Thanks for helping if you can. And spread the word -- max needs a home.