Thursday, November 5, 2009

On the World Series

I am not a Yankees fan. However, over the entire play-offs they played some of the best baseball I have seen in some time. They pitched incredibly well and delivered run support when it was needed. Bottom line -- they deserved to win.

More importantly, as I was watching the game the camera showed various shots of kids -- I am assuming in the 8-12 year old range. Some of them were with their fathers, some were just looking at the game. I remembered what it was like to be 8-9 years old with a great baseball team. I was born in Cincinnati and some of my fondest childhood memories involved the Cincinnati Reds of 1975 and 1976. I can still name all the players from memory -- Rose, Concepcion, Morgan, Perez, Griffey, Geronimo, Foster and Bench. It was a great time to be nine years old.

So -- especially to Invictus who is a Yankees fan -- congratulations. The Yankees were the best this year.